Friday, February 12, 2010

For instant gratification

I want to show a couple of very quick vests (or slipovers? suggestions are welcome) I made recently.I followed an emmafassio pattern that you can find here (oh, yeah! it's free!!!). She's a talented designer (and a great mother, and a devoted wife and blablabla...) and she lives just a couple of blocks from here.
Too much parentheses, let's show some pics...



The yarn is a fabulously light and warm alpaca blend, named PUNO 2, from Filitaly-Lab, a new and young Italian yarn company. I used 3 balls and had some leftover, but I'm a pocket sized knitter...


This one is made with La droguerie Kid Mohair, gently gifted by the designer in person, and I almost used the whole hank.

My mods (in both samples):
- c.o. 56 sts
- 8 increase rounds for raglan
- beginning of the round in the middle back
- 15 increase rounds for the body part

Highly recommended. Really.

10 comments:

silvia said...

bello! vado subito a cercare di capire il pattern :) grazie e complimenti per le tue creazioni

Oiyi said...

Omg, I love both of them. They look so cute on you. Yours are really inspiring me to cast on for one of my own. I have so many WIP's right now!

emmafassio said...

I am blushing:):) Too sweet of you, dear friend:)

gis said...

hey are really pretty on you! Brava.

Val_ said...

Beh il modello è davvero molto bello, e le tue versioni gli rendono giustizia.
:)
Valeria

Lotusim said...

Bello!
Sono alle prese anche io con un gilet che ricorda un po' questo per cui... grazie per il preview!

ariarossa said...

davvero bello anche nella tua versione!
ciao

ariarossa said...

io sto facendo il secondo per mia nuora :)

knitta said...

ciao! Avevo già addocchiato questo modello, devo dire che lo hai realizzato davveo bene. Mi piace soprattutto quello in viola!
Buona serata!!
Knitta

meetthecohens said...

R.I.P. Azzuknits the blog...
Pigrooooona!!!!