Sunday, July 5, 2009

SP 14

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love wool (alpaca, merinos, cashmere blends, etc...). What I can say for sure, is that I don't like acryl or synthetics.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Straight needles are stored in a vintage purse sewn by my mother maybe 30 years ago, circulars are in Knitpicks plastic pouch.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit in garter stitch when I was in high school, and I re-learned everything (from cast-on to lace patterns) in the end of 2007, by myself, with the help of the tips I found on the web.
I worked a lot, and now I consider myself... let's say intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Sandalwood.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I'm not a sweets lover, but sometimes I eat some dark chocolate. 

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I'm trying to teach myself to sew. I never spinned, but I'd like to do. I also made some attempt in dying. Love it.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like any type of music, from jazz to hard rock, I don't like teenage idols pop music. My mac can play mp3s, and I have an Ipod (that I can connect to my car stereo!).


9. What's your favorite color(s)? 
Any colors you just can't stand?
My favourite colors are greys, greens and purples. I don't like pale colors and beige nuances, because they make me look sick.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Hubby is cat-allergic and we don't have any pets now, but there's a 4 years little boy.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I always wear scarves or shawls, never wear hats (I knit them for others), rarely wear mittens or gloves.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Cowls are my favourite because they're quick and give instant gratification. It's also a good way to use singles or left over skeins...

13. What are you knitting right now?
A shrug, aThermis Cowl and planning my second Ishbel.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yessss.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like bamboo/wood circular  needles. 

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I bought a yarn winder on ebay and my knitting friends bought me a swift for my birthday!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
mmm... A pair of slippers: I made just one.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
25th of April, Italy's liberation day, and it's also my birthday.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn and shoes.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a subscription to Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Mmm... don't know... spinning, maybe...

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I knitted two pairs of socks, one for me and one for my son. I have very tiny feets: eu 34 (uk 1.5 and us 4)

23. When is your birthday?
4/25

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Sure!!! azzuka!!!

1 comment:

Paolo said...

Crisi di identità o esercizi post Germania? :-)