Sunday, August 17, 2008

stash...

My friend dopa went for a trip in Estonia and Finland. I asked him to bring me back some wool, but who could ever imagine 860 grams of fingering wool, undyed and natural, soooo pure?!? I love that itchy touch and it smells incredibly of... sheeps.

Estonian wool

In these last weeks I also challenged myself in dyeing with kool-aid I received some month ago from sparrowgal, a fellow raveler.
I used some 70% wool and 30% acrylic that, as expected, didn't dye too well. I tried then with some estonian wool I received as a gift from another raveler, annejeanne, when I met her personally in Florence.

Here is the result!
dyeing

dyeing

3 comments:

francina74 said...

wow! adesso ti dai anche alla colorazione? bravissima

marcello said...

ciao...ho una collega a cui piacerebbe introdursi nel mondo delle lanose...ti do la sua mail:loredana.diletizia@libero.it
ciao ne

YowlYY said...

Oh yummy... like ice cream shaped as yarn!!